Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Do I See a Top 5 of Girls in the Near Future?

Can I just say that I am very, very upset that Burnell went home last week? That is unacceptable. America, you are dumb. Judges, you are dumber for not using the save. But I'm not here to blog about what should have happened. Let's find out how everyone did tonight.


Round One: Bacharach and David songs
Angie: Anyone Who Had a Heart - 7
How do you judge a song that you don't know?? I think she has an awesome voice, but the song seemed a little forced

Amber: I Say a Little Prayer - 6
For being an up-tempo-ish song, I don't feel that she put enough pep into it. Her stage presence was almost non-existent.
How the hell did Nicki love that????

Lazaro: (They Long to Be) Close to You - 1
I literally did not understand a single word in that song. That was awful. Just as awful as his outfit (green and grey print matching suit). The performance was: boring, slow, awful, pitiful.

Kree: What the World Needs Now - 8
She has an unfair advantage because this is a better known song, but the other contestants could have not picked stupid songs. Kree's performance is not as good as I had anticipated, but A. it is the best so far, and B. it did pick up in the middle of the song.

Janelle: I'll Never Fall in Love Again - 8.5
That by far was the most upbeat song tonight. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I can't really critique her performance, I just think it was light, airy, and cute!

Candice: Don't Make Me Over - 9.5
This girl is freaking amazing. I've never heard that song before (like other contestants) but I wasn't bored (unlike other contestants). She made that song new and not old fashioned. Even though the song was slow, it wasn't boring. This was refreshing.

Seriously everything I thought, the judges thought the opposite (except with Candice!). I don't like it.


Round Two: Songs I Wish I Would Have Written
Angie: Love Came Down by Kari Jobe - 8
I think she has a beautiful voice, but sometimes seems like she is shouting. I'm not for sure if this is a Christian song or not, but it sounds like it, and it Angie sounds like she could make a Christian album. It just has that something about it that sets it apart from other music.

Amber: Love on Top by Beyonce - 8
This performance seemed fake to me. It was not my favorite.

Lazaro: Angels by Robbie Williams - 8
He finally acted like he knew what he was doing. It was good, but he can't even be compared to the girls.

Kree: Help Me Make It Through the Night by Kris Kristofferson - 10
Let her win right now. Right. Now. Whenever Kree performs it's like a guest performance from a current artist. Winner right here. There is no way this girl won't be in the Final Two. It was so beautiful.

Janelle: The Dance by Garth Brooks - 8
I really enjoyed her performance and voice, but a lot of her notes were kind of flat. Otherwise, it was great.

Candice: Lovesong by The Cure - 10
My God. I have no words for how wonderful that was. Keith bowed down to her, so that's cool. I think Mariah baptised her? This song really didn't sound like Candice, but holy cow, she made this song her own. She did some crazy high notes but added her signature deep voice. Best performance or the night, of the season, and probably of the show.

Clearly I'm voting for Candice and Kree.
You should too. And definitely not for Lazaro.

Until next time, xoxo
Comment your thoughts! Let me know what you think of the contestants!

Remember to follow @AmericanIdol on Twitter and like the Facebook page.

(photos pulled from American Idol Official Twitter and Facebook pages)


No comments:

Post a Comment